The quiz tool in QMplus allows you to add a variety of new drag and drop questions. One type of question is the ‘Drag and drop into text’.
This guide covers:
How to create a ‘drag and drop into text question’ in a quiz.
A drag and drop question type is where missing words have to be dragged into gaps in a paragraph of text.
1. Once you have created a quiz, add a new question and select ‘Drag and drop into text’ and click ‘Add’.
2. Add a ‘Question name’. In the ‘Question text’ write down the passage you would like students to fill in the gaps for. The question text must contain placeholders like [] to show where the missing words go.
3. Add the answers for the missing text in the ‘Choices’. Tip: You may add extra ones to make the question harder. If you tick ‘Shuffle’ the display order will be shuffled.
Groups will allow you to group a set of answers making each group have a different background colour. Click Group 1 for a particular group of answers.
4. Under combined feedback, add a response for any answers which are correct or incorrect.
5. Fill out the options for multiple tries.
6. Click ‘Save changes’.
7. Click ‘Preview’
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.