It’s possible to allow additional attempts for student submissions. This may be necessary if the student has submitted the incorrect document for the assignment, or the teacher has problems opening the submitted assignment. There may also be occasions when students have provided a reason for non-completion of an assignment submission or quiz; for these cases an override can be provided so that they can engage with the activity outside of the dates/times that it has been set up for.
Allowing another attempt for an assignment: (you will require the teacher role to do this)
- First navigate to the assignment and then click on the assignment.
- Find the student’s assignment using the first name and last name filters.
- In the Edit column, click on the Edit drop down menu and then select Allow another attempt.
The student will now see the option to upload another assignment which will replace their existing one.
Adding a user override:
- First navigate to the assignment or quiz and then click on the title.
- From the Settings Block, select user overrides.
- Select add user override.
- Complete the override options from the following:
- Override user: using the search drop down list, select the particular student who this applies to.
- Allow submissions from: check the icon to the right of the date/time to enable this field and then select the date and time required.
- Due date: check the icon to the right of the date/time to enable this field and then select the date and time required.
- Cut off date: check the icon to the right of the date/time to enable this field and then select the date and time required.
- Select Save to confirm the changes.
The newly-set availability will now show for the particular student(s). Should the student have already made their allotted number of assignment submissions, then the process for providing an additional attempt (listed above) will also be required.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.