Anonymous marking allows staff to grade students’ work without the students’ names being available to the markers – helping to ensure equality and fairness. When anonymous marking is enable for an assignment, staff are not able to see student names in any of the grading and feedback screens on QMplus.
Once the students’ work has been marked, their details can then be revealed so that their names appear once again and their grades can be released.
QMplus also now allows teachers and administrators the choice of bulk downloading assignment submissions by student username and ID, or by a randomly generated participant number, when anonymous marking has been selected.
This guide covers:
- If you have Administrator access to QMplus, you will always be able to see student identities. If it is important that you do not, you should switch to a Teacher or Course Administrator role in the course area with the assignment in it.
How to enable anonymous marking an assignment
You will find the setting to turn on anonymous marking in the Grade section of the settings for an assignment. It is referred to as Blind marking.
- Click on the assignment’s name.
- Then click the ‘View/Grade all submissions’ button.
- The students will now appear as a randomly generated participant number in the Gradebook, as shown here:
- There are two options for downloading anonymously: by participant number or by username and ID. Once desired option has been chosen, from the Settings block, the details will be reflected in the names of the files.
- The files will then be named depending upon what option was selected;
Grading and giving feedback
Once grades and feedback have been left, the students’ identities can be revealed. Grades will then be transferred to the gradebook.
Revealing student identities
It is important to remember that once student identities have been revealed, they cannot be hidden once more.
- To reveal the identities of the students, navigate to the assignment as before and select ‘reveal identities’ from the options in the Settings block.
- You will now be prompted to confirm the action, by clicking confirm or cancel:
- The students’ names will then become visible once again, as shown below:
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.