During the 2017 summer upgrade, we added a new ‘Course Creation Wizard’ for QMplus administrators to be able to easily create new QMplus courses using their school’s template or using another course that they have access to. This replaced the old method of having to back up and restore a school template manually.
This guide covers:
- How to create a new course area in QMplus using a school template.
It assumes that you have QMplus Administrator access.
You will need the following information:
- Course full name (shortcode followed by title, e.g. GEG4205 Environment, Nature & Society)
- Course shortname (shortcode followed by year, e.g. GEG4205 -2017/18)
- Course ID (shortcode followed by semester ref and year, e.g. GEG4205-A17) – get this from SITS. Double check the Semester for this course area, it may be that it is only for Semester B and you will have to add the code e.g. GEG4205-B17.
- Course category (school/department/faculty, e.g. HSS, Geography)
To use the course creation wizard, QMplus administrators should navigate to their school or departments category pages on QMplus. This can be done by clicking on ‘All Modules >’ under the ‘My QMplus Dashboard’ flydown page.
- Once in the school category, click on the ‘Course Creation Wizard‘ link located under the ‘Settings’ block on the right hand side.
- Administrators will then be presented with 3 options to create a new course:
- Blank course
- From school template
- From previous course
- Select ‘From school template’, administrators can choose from the drop down menu the appropriate template for their School/Department.
- Click ‘Create Course‘ button
- Follow the steps, and click ‘Next‘ when presented
- The process begins by automatically making a backup of the template, and then creating your new course area with the template.
- Give your new course a name (full and short) and select the category where the course should appear.
- Click the ‘Create Course‘ button
- The new course will be created and ready for you to use. Remember to enrol teachers and students onto your new course area! Please note: by default this course will be visible to students upon creation.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.