This framework enables the skills that have been associated with elements of coursework, submitted in QMplus, to feed into QMplus Hub as a portfolio. The module code, the coursework title and mark automatically feed into the portfolio once they have been published in QMplus. It allows students to upload other evidence from activities outside coursework to their own portfolio which is stored and recorded for them to use whenever they require.
This guide covers:
Adding the Module Skill Mapping block
- Login to QMplus and add the block to a course where you have teaching rights. To add the block, click turn editing on.
- From the Add a block, click on the Add option.
- From the dropdown list, click on the ‘Module Skill Mapping’ option.
- You will now see the Module Skill Mapping block added to your course.
Creating the Framework
Adding the areas
- Click on the ‘list’ option
- Click on the ‘add area’ option
- Complete the area name and description, then click ‘submit’. (Nb: you can then repeat this for all required areas)
- Once you have added all the areas, click on list option again.
- You should now see a list of all the areas you have created.
Adding the skills
- Click on the ‘add skill’ option
- To add an area skill, enter the information below and then click submit:
- Area: select this from the drop-down list
- Name: enter a name for the area skill
- Description: enter a description for the area skill
- (Nb: you can then repeat this for all required skills)
- Once you have added all the skills, click on the list option again. You will then be able to view and edit all the skills you have added.
Adding the area view
- Click on the ‘add area view’ option
- Complete the information to add a mapping and then click on ‘create element’
- Name: enter a name for the skill mapping to identify it on QMplus
- Description: enter a description for the skill mapping to identify it on QMplus
- Assign to user: select the name of the member of staff who should have access to it on QMplus Hub
- QMplus Hub Collection Name: enter a name for the collection to identify it on QMplus Hub
- Module ID numbers: enter the course ID numbers for all relevant modules, (e.g.EMS402-A21). Separate the ID numbers with a space to indicate the different courses.
- Using the drop-down list add an area and then skill for each assignment. (Nb: at this point you can only select one skill per area, but this can be updated later). Then click ‘submit’.
Editing the mapping
- You have the option to update the mapping so that you can add another skill or delete the mapping. Click on ‘list’ on the top right of the page.
- Then click on the ‘Add/Update mapping’ option
- You can add additional areas by clicking on the ‘+’ option. Clicking your cursor in the skills box brings up a new drop-down menu so additional skills can be added for each area. You can have multiple areas and skills for each assignment. Click update once you have added all the areas and skills that you want.
Sharing the portfolio
- Log into QMplus Hub and click on the create option.
- You will find 2 collections in ‘Pages and Collections’ created and one is for the collection pages and the other is for the summary page.
- You will need to share both of these collections. To share a collection click on the padlock in the bottom left corner, this will produce a drop down menu giving you the option to ‘Manage access’.
- This will take you to the edit access page for the collection. Click on the share with option.
- Now, you have the option to share with individual users or with a group of users. Once you have finished sharing it with the users, click on the save option.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.