This is primarily used to give staff access to courses in QMplus, but these instructions can also be used to give a large number of students access to a course area or to enrol them into groups within the course. Use the same instructions even if the user already has an account.
This guide covers:
It assumes that:
- You have Administrator or Teacher access to the appropriate course area on QMplus
Step 1: How to create a spreadsheet to upload users
A spread sheet is needed to bulk enrol users onto individual modules in QMplus. The example below shows the format of the spreadsheet which needs to be created to enrol the user onto a particular course. More users could be added in the rows below.
Produce a spread sheet using the following headings as shown in the example above and add user details under the correct heading. If you are not enroling users into a group, you do not need the second column.
For bulk requests, it is best if these are details are provided from the course administrator of the school.
To upload users into a group, first make sure the course contains groups, then simply add the name of the group you would like to enrol users to into the ‘group’ column. This is an optional step.
Step 2: Enrolling users into QMplus course areas
- In QMplus, search and select the course you would like to bulk enrol users into.
- In the course page, under Settings, click on Users > Bulk enrolments.
In Bulk enrolments,
- Under File location drag and drop the CSV file created earlier.
- Change the Role to assign to Student (or the preferred role)
- Change the First column contains to Login (if you have entered the users email addresses in the first column you could alternatively select this option).
- If the users need to be enrolled into a particular group or grouping select yes for the options Create groups if needed and Create groupings if needed.
- Once you have made these changes click Enrol them to my course.
You will then see a list of all the users that have been enrolled onto their courses as shown below.
- Click Continue.
This guide covers how to bulk upload users into a course or users into groups, you might be interested in reading the following guides on bulk uploads:
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide on our guides request tracker.