You can change the visibility of content elements and sections in a QMplus course area by controlling their visibility. Using stealth mode, you can also hide sections /topics on a course page and make the activities or resources under those sections/topics available using a shared link.
This guide covers:
- How to make content in a course area hidden
- Using Stealth Mode
- Log in to QMplus and access the course area you would like to show or hide content on.
- On the course homepage switch the edit button in the top right or select ‘Turn editing on’ in the Settings block.
3. Once editing has been turned on you will see the option to show or hide content, blocks and topic areas on the page. This is performed by clicking on the corresponding drop down menu of a content element, block or topic area. Please see example screenshots below.
Hiding content element
Hiding activities section
Hiding topic areas
Content that has been set to hide will appear ‘greyed out’ wherever it appears in a QMplus course area. Content can be set to show again by following the same method as above (where the option to show will be displayed instead). The visibility setting only applies to people enrolled on your course as Students or Viewers. Teachers and QMplus administrators will still be able to see content that has been set to hide.
Using Stealth Mode:
“Stealth Mode” allows course editors or teachers to hide activites on a course page, but make them available to students using a shared link (e.g copy a link in discussion forum). Hiding activities or resources on a course page but make them available using a shared link. ‘
- The option to make an activity (or resource) “Available” or “Unavailable” only appears once the user with editing permissions has changed its status to “Hidden” (or hide the section/topic where the activity or resource is located)
- Once an activity (or resource) is set to “Available”. Students will be not able to see that on course page, but will be able to access that using the embedded URL (e.g. in discussion forums etc.)
- Once the activity (or resource) is set to “Unavailable”. Students will not be able to see and access that activity (or resource).
As a result of the introduction of Stealth Mode and the removal of Number of sections in Course Settings in the latest version of Moodle 3.3 / 3.4 on which QMplus 2018 is based, we have had to take some steps to modify how existing courses with orphaned sections behave. read more
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.