The ability to manage a number of users collectively and to control their enrolment is important. In schools for example, classes may need to be added to specific subject-related courses, or individuals in different roles need to be enrolled in appropriate courses. Whatever the reason, using cohorts allows this to be managed efficiently.
Cohorts are site-wide (or category) collections of users that can be enrolled in a course in a single action. There are 3 stages to this process;
Step 1: Creating a cohort
1. Log into QMplus, from the flydown dashboard, click on ‘All modules’.
2. Click on the category which your department belongs to.
3. Click on the School which you have administrator access to.
4. From the ‘Settings’ block click ‘Cohorts’.
5. Click the Add New cohort option.
5. Fill in the Add new cohort form with the necessary information.
Step 2: Adding users into a cohort
- From within the Cohorts page, click the Assign users icon in the Edit column for the cohort you wish to add users to.
2. Select the users in the right panel (you may need to search for them if there are many users in the site) and click the Add button. This will move users from the right panel (labelled “Potential users”) to the left (“Current users”).
Step 3: Enrolling a cohort into a course
1. In the Settings block, expand ‘Users’ and select ‘Enrolment Methods’. You can now choose the cohort sync from the ‘add method’ drop down menu.
2. You will then be directed to enrol the cohort of your choice. Select the cohort from the drop down menu and click ‘add method’ at the bottom.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.