This guide covers:
- How to use equations within QMPlus:
- Description of the Equation Editor function
- Where to find more information
For information on how to use equations within Quiz questions, please see
Using Equations within QMPlus
The QMPlus text editor contains a button that allows you to enter formula notation commonly used in mathematical and scientific equations. The button looks like this:
The image below shows the equation editor button within the text editor dialogue box.
The next image shows what is displayed on the screen once the button is clicked (please click on the image if you want to enlarge it).
- Once the Equation Editor button is clicked …
- …you can enter the TeX code within this box (more information on TeX code is discussed below)
- The correctly shown formula will be displayed here
- Even though the TeX code is shown here, once saved and published, the correctly shown formula will be displayed in the final version.
TeX or LaTeX is a way of showing mathematical and scientific notation using only characters you can type on a keyboard. Please see the example below:
TeX is extremely versatile, allowing a wide range of texts and equations to be shown on QMPlus. For full information on its use with instructions and examples, please visit the following link: Using TeX Notation.
You can read more information on Moodle Docs: Using TeX Notation
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.