Throughout your time at QMUL, you may find yourself being a member of many groups on QMplus Hub for a variety of different reasons. When a group has outlived its usefulness to you, you may wish to stop being a member. For many groups, you will easily be able to remove yourself by clicking a Leave this group button. You may, however, find that you do not have this option on some groups. This can be for one of two reasons:
- You are one of the administrators for the group
- The group is a controlled group
In the case of 2, there is no way to remove yourself, you will have to contact one of the group administrators.
Note that leaving a group does not delete any content that you may have contributed to the group, e.g. forum posts, group pages or uploaded files. These items will still be available to the other group members after you have left the group.
This guide covers:
Where to look for the “Leave this group” option
- You can remove yourself from a group by using the Leave this group button which you will find either on your My Groups listing page, or on the home page of the group itself.Your My Groups page can be found by selecting My Groups from the Groups drop-down menu on your QMplus Hub dashboard.
- You will also find the button on the home page of the group.
- Clicking the button will remove you from the group immediately, no intervention from the group owner is required
What to do if you are a group administrator
- If you are a group administrator and you wish to leave the group, you should go to the group and click on the Members tab.
- If there is more than one group member with the administrator role, you will see Remove from group buttons next to each person, including yourself. You can remove yourself from the group by clicking the button.
- You can also change the role of the person from an admin to a member.
If you are the only member of the group with administrator rights, you will not see a Remove from group button. In this case you have two options:
- Assign group administrator rights to another member of the group. You will then be able to remove yourself as described previously. You should let the person you are assigning the rights to know that you are doing this before you do it.
- Delete the group – any group administrator can delete their QMplus Hub group. If there is no-one else to take over the administrative responsibilities for a group and you do not wish to keep maintaining it yourself, you may wish to consider deleting it altogether. You can do this by going to the group home page and clicking the Delete button. Please note: there is no way to backup a group, if you do choose to delete the group, all content will be lost.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide on our guides request tracker.