As of January 2019, it is possible to move course sections into separate tabs when you are using the following formats:
Adding tabs to a course
- Open a course in either of the formats above and go to Edit Settings
- Expand Course format and select how you want tabbing to work – you can decide whether the title of a tab with a single section takes the same name as the section and how the Assessment Info block should be displayed (if used)
3. Save any changes to return to the course
4. Switch Editing on
5. Select the Edit drop down on a section you want to move to a tab. Choose a tab (these can be moved and renamed later). The tab then appears with the name of the section title as per the settings in Course format.
Moving and renaming tabs
By default, tabs are ordered according to when they were added. Their names, unless taken from a section name, are Tab 1, 2 etc until you rename them.
- To move a tab: hover the mouse over the tab until a cross hair appears, then click and drag the tab to its new position. (At the moment you have to drop it onto an existing tab which then moves to the location the original tab occupied – in other words they swap places. In a later version, this will be improved upon.)
- To rename: select the pencil, type the new name and press Enter.
- If you are using the Assessment Info tab (as opposed to the Assessment Info block mentioned above), it will appear as an additional tab.
- To remove tabs and return to a non-tabbed format, move all tab content back to ‘Module Content’ or whatever you have renamed it to.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.