QMplus Hub (powered by Mahara) is an online groups and portfolios section of QMplus.
Every student and tutor has their own ‘Hub’ area. This area is divided into three main areas of functionality.
- An area where content can be added and/or created – you can upload files, create an online journal, record professional development etc
- An Electronic portfolio or ‘e-Portfolio’ aspect where you can take the content you have uploaded and present views of it on webpages. These might be for personal or research purposes, job applications or may be part of assessed work in your modules. One key element is that the person who created the web pages chooses with whom it is shared.
- A facility to set-up groups perhaps similar to a campus based ‘Facebook’ – which enables members to work together, share files and communicate in private.
How to access QMplus Hub
QMplus Hub is accessible via the top menu on every page in QMplus via the QMplus homepage button or you can navigate directly to QMplus Hub itself.
1. Via the QMplus home page
- Select the QMplus Hub LOGIN button located in the centre right of the QMplus homepage.
- Log in using your standard college Username and Password. This is the same username and password you use to access your college email.
2. Via the Flydown menu in QMplus
- Select the flydown menu option in the header menu
- Select the QMplus Hub link from the menu above your widgets (see screengrab below)
3. Via the QMplus Hub homepage itself
- Navigate to the web address: http://hub.qmplus.qmul.ac.uk
- Select the ‘user login‘ button on the login menu from the homepage.
- Enter your college username and password.
- You will be logged in to QMplus Hub
How to use Navigation & Overview
The Dashboard screen contains numerous navigation areas. The details of these areas on a desktop and tablet device are detailed below. Navigation on smartphones will be detailed here shortly.
- The navigation bar contains four tabs: DASHBOARD (the current screen), CONTENT, PORTFOLIO and GROUPS .
- The buttons on the top right provide direct access to your Profile in QMplus Hub, your settings (for email notifications etc), any messages you may have received, a search all users capability and finally a logout button.
- Navigation links are also displayed on the right of the page. This block will be titled with your name (clicking on this will take you to your profile page) and includes links to any group you belong to as well as a link back to QMplus Home.
- In the central graphic there are six links to pages which provide more information about how you might use QMplus Hub for learning and teaching.
- If you do not wish to see the Homepage graphic/ Information box or the additional links to help and support resources then you can hide it by selecting the button.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.