There are numerous ways of sharing questions between courses. This user guide explores how to export questions from one course and import them into another.
This guide covers:
It assumes you know:
|Tip: Moving questions between ‘Categories’ may be a quicker way to share questions. This however is only suitable if the two courses are in the same faculty. For more information look at the ‘Quizzes: Sharing Questions via Categories’ user guide.|
- In the settings menu for your module select Question bank.
- Then click Export.
- Select Moodle XML format
- Select the ‘Export category’
- Click on EXPORT QUESTIONS TO FILE.
In this example I have exported the file to my desktop.
Go to the course where you want the questions to appear:
Step 3: Accessing your imported question
- In the settings menu select Question bank.
- Click on Questions.
- Click on the Select a category drop down menu.
- Select your imported ‘Questions’. A new category will have been added to your course which contains the new ‘Questions’. They are automatically added to a new ‘Category’. This ‘Category’ is named after the course where these questions originally came from. In this example I have selected ‘Richard’s test area’ and I can see that it contains seven questions (displayed as (7)).
The imported questions are then shown underneath when the category is selected from the drop down menu.
Here is a link to moodle docs on question categories.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.