QMplus is the online learning environment for Queen Mary University students and teachers. This guide shows what a typical QMplus page looks like and the common features which you are likely to find.
This guide covers:
Below is an example of a typical QMplus course page, with some of the commonly found ‘blocks’, activities and resources.
Click on the screenshot below to view it as a larger image:
- You will see these options at the top of every page.
- Flydown dashboard – provides a list of all the modules you have been enrolled onto
- Zoom icon – allows you to zoom in and out of the page
- Activity to do list – used to check your to do list
- Notifications – used to check and read your notifications
- Messages – used to check and read your messages
- Search – used to search for a module
- Recent Modules – used to access a module you have recently visited
- Course title – the course title is always displayed here.
- Welcome message – You may find a welcome message, introducing you to the course, detailing what the course involves.
- Module Info block – This block gives details of the course, the teacher and their contact details as well as a link to the timetable.
- Assessment Information area – This is divided into two sections:
- Assessment overview – Here you will find links to assessment resources, such as past exam papers and documents detailing the assessment criteria.
- Submit Assignments – Here you will find links to the assignment and quizzes which you will need to complete/submit.
- Calendar block – Details of your events will be logged here.
- Module Announcements – Any announcements for your course will be shown here.
- Q-Review Lecture Recordings – This maybe present on your QMplus page, if it is, then it links to a portal in which you can view any lecture recordings for the course.
- Course section – In this section, you may find activities and resources for the course.
- Settings block – In this block, you can access your grades and gradesplus.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.