QMplus is Queen Mary’s online learning environment. It runs on Moodle (to support formal teaching) and QMplus Hub (to facilitate group work, e-portfolios and informal learning).
- Easily embed multimedia in your online course area and design online activities around it for your students
- Assess student learning in a variety of different ways, through traditional essays, wikis, discussion forums
- Have your lectures recorded with the Q-Review lecture capture system and automatically made available to your students through your QMplus course area
- Get students involved in contributing to the online course area through discussion forums, building a course glossary together
- Provide easy access to your Talis Aspire reading list.
- Make your course area dynamic by embedding content from other systems such as YouTube, Twitter or news websites
- Easily communicate important information to your students through calendaring, messaging and email functionality
A really exciting feature of our new environment is the ability to step outside of formal taught courses and to support informal learning through the groups and networking features provided by QMplus Hub:
- Staff and students can create their own special interest groups and connect with others across the College. These groups provide tools such as discussion forums and shared file areas. Our QMPlus Users Group, is facilitated through a QMplus Hub group.
- Students (and staff!) can create digital portfolios of their work which can be shared with others and even made completely public.
We are only just beginning to explore the range of possibilities afforded by the Mahara tool so have a look and see how it might benefit you and your students.
How do I get started?
If you are a member of staff at QMUL, the chances are that you already have an account on the system. Log in with your standard College user name and password on: http://qmplus.qmul.ac.uk/
If you don’t have access to any courses on the system yet, you can request a test area on QMplus by contacting the IT Helpdesk on http://helpdesk.qmul.ac.uk/
How do I find out more?
Things that you can do to learn more about QMplus are:
- Sign up to attend a QMplus workshop run by the E-Learning Unit. You will find a list of our planned courses on http://www.elearning.qmul.ac.uk/learn-and-network/staff/training-and-workshop/. If you can’t see what you need, contact us at email@example.com.
- Have a look at at our online guides which you’ll find in QMplus itself in the Help menu.
- Join the QMplus Users Group which is available through the “My Groups and Portfolios” link on QMplus Hub. This is a place for all staff to communicate with each other about what they are doing with the system.
- Keep an eye on the E-Learning Unit website http://www.elearning.qmul.ac.uk for events which allow you to learn about what others are doing with the system and to contribute to its on going development.
Further information at: qmplus.qmul.ac.uk.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.