On Tuesday the 15th December, between 9pm-11pm, updates were made to QMplus. This update fixed some outstanding issues to QMplus and added a few new functionality.
Issues fixed in this release
- Assignments displaying as late in the assessment information block
Issue: Students are seeing assignments displayed as late, when the due date has not passed. Occurs for students only.
Status: This has been resolved and will be applied with the December release.
- Intermittent issue with backing up and restoring quizzes
Issue: problems when backing up and restoring quizzes
Status: Requires an update to the version of Moodle (to version 3.8.5). Requires an outage to QMplus and will be applied with the December release.
- Anonymous posting to forums
Issue: The anonymous posting option is not available.
Status: The Open Advanced forum will be installed as an alternative forum option, as it offers anonymous forum posting.
- Privacy issue with group posts on forums
Issue: In some cases users can click through on the forum posts and see participant details
Status: Student permission changes required. This will be applied with the December release.
- Timetable link not working for staff
Issue: The timetable link is not working for staff.
Status: Updates are required in the Timetable system Scientia and the QMplus script will need to be updated after. Planned for next release. This will be applied with the December release.
- Assignment badges:
Issue: Badges that provide information under assignments do not show the correct number of submissions due when group submissions settings are in use.
Status: This has been resolved. Also Information about restrictions will now be displayed above the assignment due date. This will be applied with the December release.
- Unenrolment of suspended users:
Issue: Suspended SITS enrolments cannot be unenrolled.
Status: This has now been resolved through bulk unenrolment and will be applied with the December release.
- Group Members – Add this resource to QMplus areas to allow students to see which groups they are a member of.
- Bulk download of quiz attachments – Allows the bulk download of attachments which have been submitted to essay type questions in quizzes.
Issues and plugin requests which are still being worked on:
- Gradebook times out
Issue: Intermittent issue occurs for administrators.
Status: Requires further investigation
- Numbas – Further development and testing required.
- Coderunner – Further development and testing required. Expected to be available in January.
- My Feedback – Further development and testing required.
- Heatmap – Further development and testing required.