This page covers:
Archive and Deletion Policy
As agreed recently, Q-Review recordings for HSS and S&E Schools are available for students to view for 3 years, after which they are archived and deleted. A working example from this academic year (2018/19) would be –
1) Permanently delete all lecture recordings (including External Media Ingest videos) made/recorded/uploaded between 1st August 2014 – 31st July 2015
2) Archive all lecture recordings made between 1st August 2015 and 31st July 2016
3) Recordings made after 1st August 2017 will remain AVAILABLE
Frequently Asked Questions about Archive and Deletion
How/where can I see my recordings?
Go to echo360.org.uk and login via LOG IN VIA INSTITUTION selecting Queen Mary University of London.
Once logged in you will be able to search and filter your recordings by class, date, time etc.
What does ‘archiving’ a lecture capture mean?
Your lecture capture will still be on Echo360 but the content will not be viewable by anyone. If someone follows a link to an archived lecture capture they will get an error message stating that it’s no longer available.
How do I restore an ‘archived’ lecture capture?
Go to echo360.org.uk and identify which recordings you wish to unarchive, then raise an IT Helpdesk ticket, providing the information of the course and details of the recording so that they may assist.
Can I download my recordings?
Yes, you can, to do this –
- Go to echo360.org.uk and log in
- Navigate to <Library>
- Hover your mouse over the recording you wish to download and you will see a series of options via the top right chevron
- Click on ‘Download’, this will download to the default download destination on your computer
Can I keep lectures that are due to be permanently deleted?
Yes, as long as you are the presenter or have been added as a presenter to a recording you can request to retain that lecture in the system. Please note that we cannot proceed with your request if the recording does not belong to you.
To do this raise a ticket on the IT Helpdesk before 30th October 2018 identifying the lecture captures that you wish to be preserved. You will have to provide us with the following information –
- Module code or Programme title
- Date and time of the capture
- Link to the capture (optional)
- Location of the capture (optional)
- If preservation is required for more than one year, a brief justification
If you wish to preserve more than five recordings then you can use a spreadsheet to list the details of captures that need to be preserved. Please note that you need to give us the exact details of every recording that needs to be preserved and please make sure that those recordings took place between 1st August 2015 – 31st July 2016.