Whether you have recorded a live event in a lecture theatre or pre-recorded some course material using the Personal Capture software on your computer, you can make basic edits to your recording using the online Q-Review Presentation Editor.
This page covers:
The Q-Review Presentation Editor runs in your internet browser and allows you to cut unwanted sections (from the beginning, middle or end) from your recording. However, you can’t insert extra video clips or apply advanced media editing features. Edits can now be applied any time after the recording has been processed, with it being possible to revert back to the original by re-processing the recording. Should you overwrite the original recording with edits, you will not need to re-distribute the link to the recording, however should you save a new version then this copy will act separately to the original & will need re-sharing.
What you will need to edit your recording
- A computer with internet access and Adobe Flash installed.
- Speakers or a headset (to hear audio).
- Your college email address and password to access the Q-Review server.
- Instructor access for the recording which you wish to edit.
The editing process
Opening the presentation editor
- Log into the Q-Review server via https://echo360.org.uk
- In the top left corner of the page, select ‘Library’
- Click on the video which you wish to edit and it will then load.
- Click on the blue video edit button to the top right.
This screenshot shows the basic features of the presentation editor.
The presentation editor provides a basic video editing function, allowing you to make cuts and trims to video content as needed. In addition, you can make changes and save them to the original video, or you can make changes and Save As. Save As creates a copy of the video with the changes you made. Please see the Echo360 Online Help document for further guidances on editing videos.
How to edit segments from your recording
Should you wish to edit segments from the middle of your recording, this is done slightly differently to as it was before in the previous video editor. To do so:
- Place the playhead marker at the point which you wish to choose to cut from:
- Click ‘make cut’
- Click the next point in the playbar to select the end point of the segment which you wish to cut:
- Click ‘make cut’ once again.
- Now click on the section which you wish to remove to highlight it, then click the delete button
- This process can then be repeated however many times needed to remove segments from the recording, before clicking either ‘save as‘ (to save the changes as a new recording) or ‘save‘ to overwrite the original recording.
Editing after 28 days
Previously, making changes after the 28 day editing window were not possible. This new version of Q-Review now allows edits to be made at any time whilst the recording is active.
Providing access to others to edit recordings
For some courses or events which are recorded there will be multiple presenters or multiple members of staff who require access to the material in order to make edits. To allow access, the instructor will need to provide access by adding another person as an instructor. This can be done through Q-Review via an individual email invite – or in bulk, should you have many colleagues to add as instructors.
Please see this guide in order to do so.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: email@example.com . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide on our guides request tracker.