If you have spent a long time crafting your e-portfolio, you will probably want a copy of your hard work, even after you leave QMUL. It is possible to export your portfolio in two ways:
- As a website, i.e. HTML, which can be viewed in a web browser
- In Leap2A format, which can be imported into compatible e-portfolio systems
You can export in both formats to give yourself maximum flexibility.
Once you are on the export page, the process is as described below.
To export your portfolio, click Portfolio followed by Export
- Choose either Standalone HTML website or Leap2A. You can run through the export twice in order to get both formats.
- Choose what you want to export:
- All my data: Everything that is stored in your account in Content and Portfolio. Excluded are any of your group contributions.
- Just some of my pages: You can then choose which pages and the artefacts that are contained within them you want to export.
- Just some of my collections: You can select which collections and the artefacts that are contained within them you want to export.
- If you have chosen to export just some pages or collections, you can select them here by clicking on the individual check boxes.
- Click the Click to preview link to preview a page or collection before you select it.
- Tick the check box for Include comments if you want to keep any comments in your portfolio in your export. This option is only available when you choose the HTML web site export.
- Click the Generate export button to start the export process.
Depending on the size of your portfolio, the export may take a little bit of time to process. Once the export has been processed, a file will either be downloaded automatically to your computer or you will be prompted to save it, which is dependent on your browser.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.