Staff can access Q-Review lecture capture features via the Echo360 mobile app through: Apple, Windows or Android devices. The Echo360 app can be used by staff to: view their lecture recordings for current and previous years, download content, as well as upload new content to their Library.
This page covers how to:
- Download and access the app
- View lecture recordings
- Access previous years’ recordings
- Download video content as slides & audio / video & audio
- Upload content
It assumes you have clicked on a Q-Review tool or Q-Review tab in a course area, as a Course Admin/teacher, adding you as an instructor to the Q-Review section.
Downloading and authenticating via the Echo360 app
- Install the app on your phone (search for Echo360 from your app store)
- Once installed, open the app
- Enter your QMUL email address and select Queen Mary University of London from the drop down selection:
- You will be redirected to sign into QMUL systems via the ‘ID check’ – please enter your QMUL username and password:
Viewing lecture recordings from the Echo360 app
- Once logged in, you will automatically be directed to this year’s courses which you are listed as an instructor on. Select the course area you wish to view the recordings for. (You will need to ensure that you have already activated your course access by clicking on the Q-Review tool or Q-Review tab in the various course areas on QMplus).
- Select the recording you wish to watch by clicking on the play button – (If you have watched the recording already, the play button will be grey – otherwise it will be green). Should you have uploaded additional slides too, these will be available via the presentation icon to the right of the play button.
Accessing recordings from previous years’ modules
- Once logged into the app, click on the burger icon in the top left corner:
- Select a previous year of study which you wish to view the recordings for:
Downloading and accessing downloaded recordings
- If your recordings are available for download, you can download them by clicking on the course to display the list of recordings and then on the 3 dots which appear to the top right of each lesson:
- Two options then appear for download versions:(In most cases, Video One is the PC display & audio which has been recorded, whereas Video Two is the video of the presenter, with audio).
- Once downloaded, the content then appears as ‘Available Offline’ alongside a thumbnail of the recording:
- To upload content, select the burger icon on the top left of the screen:
- Now select ‘upload video’ from the list of options:
- You can now choose from the list of videos which appear on your phone’s camera roll, or you can select the camera icon to record a video on demand: The recording will be made available online after a short delay as it is processed, with the uploader of the video being made the ‘owner’ of the content so that it appears in their ‘Library’.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.