- You are unable to book into a Q-Review lecture capture enabled room
- You want to record additional teaching material
- You require greater flexibility in when you complete the editing of your recorded footage.
you can record your lecture or event using Universal Capture. The software can be installed onto a computer or laptop allowing you to be able to record from the comfort of your desk, or take your laptop to the teaching room. You can also borrow a laptop from the E-Learning Unit.
Universal Capture allows users to:
- Capture content being displayed on their screen (including any videos being played)
- Capture their voice using a microphone
- Capture video using a webcam
- Start and stop recording directly from the computer
- Publish recordings
- Paste a link to the published recording onto a website or blog
Installing Universal Capture on your computer
Log in to Q-Review (echo360.org.uk), logging in ‘via institution’ and click on the cog in the top right corner to select ‘Downloads’.
Once you’ve clicked on ‘Downloads’ select which ‘Universal Capture: Personal’ version you need to download:
Making a recording
Before you make a recording:
- Please ensure what you are recording is not copyrighted material
Before launching the software, you should connect all the required hardware (i.e. microphone, camera).
- Load Universal Capture via the desktop icon and login by clicking in the middle of the screen:
- You will now need to click on ‘Open Echo360 Capture’ and then you will be directed to login to Echo360 via the ID checker.
- Now you’re logged in, please select which microphone, computer screen display and camera you would like to use via the options shown in the screenshot below:
- To start a recording, simply click the red Record button. You will see a 5 second count-down and then the capture will begin. When taking a break, you can pause the recording or if you’ve finished your recording then click the Stop Button.
- Once the recording has been processed, it will appear under the ‘My Content’ tab when you login to https://echo360.org.uk.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.