You will need to ensure that your lectures have been scheduled to be recorded, and that they are connected to your QMplus course area – please see our guides – Getting started with Q-Review or raise a ticket if you need help.
Once your lectures are being recorded, to add the recordings to QMplus:
- Navigate to the course area and ‘Turn Editing On’
- Click on the ‘Add an Activity or Resource’ link within Topic 0
(Topic 0 is above the main topics/sections)
- From the activity chooser select ‘External Tool’
- On the ‘Adding an external tool’ page, in the ‘Activity Name’ field enter: ‘Q-Review Lecture Recordings’.
- Then select ‘Q-Review Recordings’ from the External Tool Type dropdown menu.
- There is no need to alter any other fields. Click on ‘Save and return to course’:
- The Q-Review Lecture Recordings are now added as an activity to Topic 0. The link to Q-Review will now display, as below, ready for it to be mapped to the correct set of recordings:
- Most courses’ Q-Review links will be set-up by the departmental administrators, but should any need mapping to the recordings, please click on the newly created link and choose from the Course, Term and Section drop-down menus and then click on the ‘link content’ button:
- There may be some instances when one wishes two or more Q-Review sections to be displayed in a QMplus course area. Should you need to do so, please follow steps 1-7 again, before clicking the option ‘link a different section’:
- Once you have selected the ‘Course’, ‘Term’ and ‘Section’ for this extra Q-Review link, select ‘link content’ and you will now have the extra Q-Review link mapped.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.