There are different teams involved in supporting Q-Review and ensuring that the service runs efficiently.
Please refer to the Q-Review Policy v4.3 for more details about how Q-Review lecture capture is practiced at QMUL.
Areas of responsibility for the Q-Review service
- The Technology Enhanced Learning Team (TELT), Centre for Academic and Professional Development
- Academic Applications Team, IT Services
- AV Technical Team, IT Services
- IT Helpdesk, IT Services
- Q-Review Bookings, Academic Registry and Council Secretariat
- Staff in academic and professional services departments
The core responsibilities of each area are outlined below:
|Technology Enhanced Learning Team||Staff training and development; promotion; stakeholder communications; development of support materials and training of support staff; annual processes such as archiving and rollover; reporting; policy development.|
|Academic Applications||Server-side application support and management; running and developing annual processes such as rollover and archiving; system monitoring; capacity planning; service reviews.|
|AV Technical Team||Hardware maintenance; troubleshooting in lecture theatres.|
|ITS Helpdesk||First-line support and initial responses to user queries.|
|Q-Review Bookings||Scheduling of recordings and allocation of rooms; managing opt-out requests.|
|Individual staff members (presenters)||Distribution of recordings to students/viewers; editing recordings, obtaining consent|
Support Process for Q-Review
BEFORE AND DURING THE LIVE LECTURE RECORDING – Queries go to Q-Review Bookings (email@example.com):
- To schedule or book a new Q-Review recording – please contact the bookings team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- To make changes to a schedule or booking which has already been scheduled, but not recorded – these go via Q-Review Bookings as well (e.g. Changes to time/date/presenter/room/frequency, or changes to what gets recorded – video/projector, or changes to how the video will be released – in QMplus, email links, RSS feeds, immediately etc.).
AFTER THE RECORDING – Queries go to IT Helpdesk and will be routed to correct team
- Problems with Q-Review I.E. no recording took place, audio missing (or for anything else that goes wrong) – these go through IT Helpdesk and will be routed to IT or AV technical team to investigate, TELT will also be made aware.
- Help with Q-Review recording (accessing Q-Review server, editing the recording, making it available/unavailable, downloading, distribution methods etc.) – go through IT Helpdesk to be routed to TELT
- End of year process (archiving, deleting, rollover) – go through IT Helpdesk
This is a guide only. There may be cases where a Q-Review query may need to be routed differently. Should your query not be routed in the way that you feel it should be, please contact email@example.com and send to the attention of Alysa Bramble.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide or highlight an error in this guide using our guides request tracker.