Would you like to meet with someone in the team to discuss an idea you have to use learning technologies in your teaching and want advice on how to go abut doing it?
Would you like a member of the team to review your use of technology with a view to making practical suggestions for enhancements?
Our Book a Learning Technologist (BALT) service allows you to book an hour with a member of the Technology Enhanced Learning Team to discuss any aspect of your use of technology in your teaching. Things that you might want to discuss include:
- If you have a teaching idea that you would like to develop further and you would like to discuss how to go about doing it
- If you would like to develop an existing activity (face-to-face or online) but aren’t exactly sure what might work best
- If you’d like advice on your QMplus area
- You are developing a new module and want to embed e-learning from the beginning of your curriculum design cycle
How does it work?
If you would like to meet with a Learning Technologist, please raise a ticket with the Helpdesk and give details of your request. You can email email@example.com with the following details:
- Your Name and Department/School
- A brief description about what you would like to discuss
- Some possible dates and times that you would like to meet (we will do our best to accommodate this, although we can’t guarantee availability)
- Any other information that you feel would be helpful for the session – such as links to courses, screenshots etc.
You will receive an response from a member of the team to confirm your booking or arrange a convenient date and time to meet.
- The meeting then takes place.
- The Learning Technologist will summarise the findings from that meeting in a follow-up message and include practical suggestions / a plan etc to help you achieve what you want to achieve.
- The technologist may meet up with you again to follow-up anything identified in the first meeting or to ensure you are comfortable with implementing the solution being offered.
Book a Learning Technologist now!
If you are looking for help in using a tool within QMplus then you need to attend one of our drop-in sessions or scheduled workshops or work through one of our self-directed courses. Alternatively, check out our text guides and video guides.