- First, check to see if the room you would like to use is Q-Review enabled and that it is available, then book it here – timetables.qmul.ac.uk
- Next, schedule the recording – Fill out this form or contact the room bookings team via the firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to tell them:
- Where and when your event will be taking place
- The time you need to record and duration (add time to allow for an early start or late finish).
- How often you will need the recording scheduled for (Is it a one-time or recurring event?)
You must gain permission to record guest (non-QMUL staff) presenters. Please find the Q-Review consent form that must be filled in by the presenter. You will need to ensure that this is completed and returned to the bookings team (email@example.com), before the recording can be made available. QMUL staff don’t need to fill out this form.
Once the Room Bookings Team has scheduled your recordings, there isn’t much else for you to do, EXCEPT you should check that the microphone is switched on. Also remember that if you walk too far from the microphone it cannot record your voice. There are mobile microphones in most rooms that you can use as alternatives.
The Q-Review appliance by default will capture audio, video and anything projected onto the screen from ‘Projector 1′ – the recorded projector marked with the words ‘Q-Review’. If you are worried about remembering which projector to use, send the signal to both.
A Q-review lecture capture recording will be processed automatically once the scheduled time is over. Processing time is roughly double the amount of time taken for capture. After processing, anyone who was listed as a presenter on the initial request form will receive an automatically generated e-mail notifying them that the recording is ready to view on the Echo360 dashboard.
You can release all your recordings via QMplus by adding the Q-Review tool to your QMplus course area. See the help article on Publish, Playback and Share for options such as sending recordings via email. Lecture captures with interactive features can now be accessed through the Echo360 mobile app. There is also the option to edit your recordings.
Did this answer your query? If not, you can raise a ticket on the online Helpdesk or email: firstname.lastname@example.org . Alternatively you can also request a particular guide on our guides request tracker.