The E-learning Unit are able to fund pieces of e-learning development that an individual academic may not have the time or skills to do themselves. We talk over the planned work with you, provide you with an E-Learning Assistant to assist in the development and we provide background oversight to ensure the project takes place as planned and agreed. We then ask that you provide feedback about the development by writing a short case study and/or presenting at one of our Practitioner Network events.
What is it?
What we will fund
- is a new activity or initiative for you or your course;
- makes use of learning technologies (i.e locally supported technologies such as QMplus, QMplus Hub, QMplus Media, Q-Review or external to QMUL;
- is self-contained i.e. has a start and an end date;
- is sustainable i.e. it will continue without intensive ELU input after the project has finished;
- is small – i.e. requires 2 or 4 weeks of an E-Learning Assistant’s time; and
- cannot be funded with your existing departmental teaching budget
then we may fund it. You can browse some examples of our current projects . However, if you are not sure, get in touch with us (email@example.com) and we can discuss it. Projects that have been discussed with a member of the team prior to submission usually fare better than those that don’t!
How it works
The next stage is to meet with a Learning Technologist and work with them to define your requirements, agree on the level of funding (usually stated as a maximum number of hours of an Assistant) and identify what role your E-Learning Assistant should take. All this takes place in the first week after we notify you. We will take the time to recruit a suitable student – if you have a student in mind, you can put them forward – and then we’re ready to start.
What we want from you
Please feel free to contact Brett Lucas in the E-Learning Unit if you have any questions or require further information.
More about the E-learning Production Scheme:
- Becoming an E-learning assistant (Student area)
- Frequently asked questions for E-learning assistants (Student Area)
- Current projects