This page contains information about the Q-Review migration from the current Echo Streaming Server (ESS) to the new cloud based Software as a Service (SaaS) and Active Learning Platform (ALP) solution.
The Q-Review lecture recording system will be upgraded during the week of 7th August 2017 to the new cloud based SaaS solution.
There will be a disruption to normal service – no new Q-Review recordings can be made during this time. Staff and students will able to view existing recordings in the QMplus 2016/17 archive.
What to expect during the upgrade – week of 7th August
The upgrade requires the existing Q-Review appliances to be reconfigured and a VLAN set-up. This will require a short period of down-time when new recordings cannot be created, but existing recordings will still be viewable. We anticipate the downtime to be approximately 1 week in duration, however this could overrun by a couple of days should there be any technical difficulties encountered.
There are a number of workarounds available to record your lecture should you need to do so – such as using screencasting software, CaptureSpace, or using Q-Review Personal Capture on a laptop (although you will need to delay publishing the recording to the Q-Review servers until the new system is up and running). Although remember that students and staff will still be able to view any existing recordings.
The new upgraded Q-Review environment will bring a host of new features including:
- An improved Q-Review interface, with recordings embedded within QMplus:
- Users will be able to move between courses’ recordings without navigating off the page/using a separate system.
- Staff can edit and share Q-Review recordings directly within the QMplus interface (without having to log into a separate system)
- An integrated classroom view, with engagement tools available to presenters/students
- The ability to include student response activities in presentations and videos to assess student learning
- Improvements to the discussion tools, such as note taking
- Greater reporting ability
- ‘Flagging’ mechanisms to highlight areas which students have suggested may need expansion/further elaboration
- Externally hosted, via a cloud solution, to improve reliability and capacity
More information can be found here.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.