Wishing you all a Merry Christmas from the E-Learning Unit!
As we mark the end of 2020 in what has been an extraordinary year, The E-Learning Unit would like to wish you all a lovely, relaxing festive break & a Happy New Year!
E-Learning Support over Christmas 2020 holiday period
The E-Learning Support team will be providing e-learning support via the ITS Helpdesk over the Christmas period for 3 hours on each of the following dates:
- Monday, 21st December
- Wednesday, 23rd December
- Wednesday, 30th December
Staff and students can raise queries via the ITS Helpdesk channels and we will endeavor to assist with any e-learning related issues or queries raised in the ITS Helpdesk on the above dates. Read more
QMplus Release – 15th of December
QMplus was updated on Tuesday the 15th December. This update fixed some outstanding issues to QMplus and added a some new functionality. Read more on this, here.
Getting ready for Semester B
Here are some QMplus tips and ideas to improve the design, accessibility and optimise student engagement.
- Ensuring your course areas follows a clear design and structure, maintaining any templates or standards your school has agreed.
- Adding captions to pre-recorded videos and ensuring the captions are edited ready for students to review them.
- Checking that assignment information is up to date (old submission dates aren’t being shown) & that they’re made available for students to access.
- Updating the Module Info Block with information of the current teaching staff, their contact details and office hours.
- Checking that course areas are not hidden from students & that all teaching staff who require access are enrolled.
Staff development opportunities in January
- Recording Yourself – 07 January 2021 10.00am
- Running webinars with Blackboard Collaborate – 11 January 2021 14.00pm
- Online grading and feedback with the QMplus assignment – 13 January 2021 15.00pm
- Analytics on Student Engagement – 20 January 2021 11.00am
Please register attendance via the CPD website. We have also developed some self-directed online areas (e.g. on Getting Started with QMplus and other topics) which you can go through at your own pace and time.
Drop-in Sessions and Book a Learning Technologist
Drop-in sessions are still being held online every Tuesday and Thursday from 1-2pm. There’s no need to tell us you’re coming; just drop-in via the Blackboard Collaborate webinar link on our E-Learning Online Support area on QMplus.
Please access the BALT QMplus page to book a session of up to an hour to discuss your e-learning ideas and issues.