This is our first newsletter for the 2014-15 academic year. Thank you for subscribing and we hope you enjoy this month’s articles.
QMplus has been upgraded to a newer version this summer. This has added a lot of exciting new features and enhanced some of the existing ones. We hope you will try out these tools and let us know how they help you in your teaching. Equally, if you have some suggestions then please share it with us through our e-Learning Practitioners Network. Some of the new features include –
- New homepage
- New Quiz Question Types
- Improved access to QMplus on Mobile devices
- Simplified Assignment types
- Drag and Drop upload of files and many other user interface improvements
For more information about the upgrade look on the ELU website.
Q-Review is now available in 66 lecture theatres (including 15 new rooms). Q-Review has also been upgraded to a newer version, this upgrade has resolved some outstanding issues and added some interesting long awaited feature enhancements. Some of these features include –
- Presenters can now see their recording statistics such as unique views, cumulative views, average completion and heat maps
- Q-Review users can now log in to Q-Review using their college username and password
- Users can now embed a single recording on a QMplus course page
- Lecture recordings are now accessible on Mobile and Tablet devices
- Users can create bookmarks within a lecture recording, and can participate in discussions relating to particular points in a recording
- Improved user interface for personal capture software
Drop-in Sessions and Further support
The E-Learning Unit is holding a series of Staff E-Learning Drop-In Sessions at Mile End and Whitechapel. The drop-in sessions will be offered weekly and there is no need to register to attend, covering the popular e-learning technologies available at Queen Mary (QMplus, Q-Review, E-Portfolios). These will be in addition to our regular scheduled staff development sessions. Some of our upcoming sessions are –
- Recording your lectures and getting it online – 25/09/2014 14:00 – 16:00
- Creating and Marking Assignments – 02/10/2014 14:00 -16:30
- Designing Quizzes in QMplus – 07/10/2014 14:00 – 16:00
- Getting Started With QMplus – 08/10/2014 13:00 – 15:00
Please see our post on frequently asked questions during the last couple of months.
If you have any ideas or suggestions for topics you’d like us to cover or examples of good practice in e-learning you feel we should be sharing with our colleagues, please email email@example.com.
If you wish to update your subscription to receive this newsletter via the elearning–practitioners mailing list, please visit the mailing list and select Subscribe or Unsubscribe in the grey panel to the left of the page.