Articulate is a web-based application that provides a really simple way to produce e-learning content with a very professional look and feel. Products in the suite include Articulate Storyline, Articulate Rise and Articulate Studio.
Creating content is extremely straightforward and does not require any kind of specialist web development knowledge. This Introduction to Box of Broadcasts course shows an example of the type of content that can be constructed using Articulate Rise. This was put together in a morning.
More examples of the possibilities can be found on the Articulate website. Search for Rise on the page. Find out if you’re prepared for a hurricane or work as an investigator to find out what’s making everyone ill.
How are Articulate courses published?
- On the Articulate website – simply circulate a link to your course and others will be able to view it. They do not need an account. The Box of Broadcasts course above is hosted on the Articulate Rise website.
- On a website – your content can be exported in a web only format which can then be uploaded to a standard website
- In an online learning environment – export in a format called SCORM which will allow you to publish it in any SCORM compliant learning management system. QMplus is SCORM compliant so you can publish your rise in your QMplus area.
Note that you only need a license to access the editing tools to create content. Accounts are not required for viewing and any content you publish on the website is still available even if you don’t have a license.
Where can I find out more?
More information about Articulate can be found on:
- Our article on Easy Content Creation with Articulate Rise has a great overview of Rise, which is part of Articulate suite
- The E-Learning examples section of the Articulate website. Search for Rise on the page
- Find out more about Rise on the Rise product page
It is not available as a standalone product. It only comes as part of an Articulate 360 subscription which is very expensive, around £600 per year at the time of writing. This does give access to a suite of Articulate tools as well as Rise.
The Technology Enhanced Learning Team no longer have licenses to loan, but we can show you how it can be used to build engaging content. Articulate Rise has a 30 day free offer so you can trial it and download your content within that time and see if this is something you would want to use in the future.
Accounts are not required for viewing Rise lessons and any content you publish on the Rise website is still available even if you don’t have a license. If you’re interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.