Q-Review is our system for recording live teaching. The system aims to encourage flexible teaching methods, and allows lecturers to retain full control over their recordings (publishing, editing and deleting). The underlying software used for Q-Review is the Echo360 system.
Q-Review Useful Links
- Will I end up on Youtube? Your common questions on Q-Review
- Log into Q-Review (play, edit and share)
- Q-Review Bookings (schedule recording)
- Q-Review Policy v4.3 (Oct 2019)
- Q-Review Consent Form (for guest speakers)
- Q-Review Enabled Teaching Rooms
- Q-Review Guides and FAQs
- Q-Review Opt Out Form
- Q-Review Request Tracker
- Engaging with students using Q-Review
- Supporting students with disabilities
- Worked example videos to support resit students
- Recording lectures using personal capture
- Recording revision lectures in Physics
- Trying out lecture capture in Business and Management
- Lecture recording in the School of Medicine and Dentistry
Recording with Q-Review
When planning to record with Q-Review, you can do this using:
- Lecture Capture in a Q-Review enabled room: this recording method uses equipment that is installed in a teaching room and will record audio, the display unit (that is, whatever is being projected on the screen – either from the computer or document camera), and video (optional). You can request for your lecture or event to be recorded by sending an email to email@example.com or by completing the Q-Review Booking form
alternatively, you can record using PCAP
- Personal Capture or PCAP: is a ‘lighter’ version of Q-Review that is downloaded on to your own computer. If your lecture is taking place in a non Q-Review enabled room you can use this method to download and install a version of the Q-Review software to your personal desktop computer or laptop. You can borrow a PCAP laptop and webcam from the E-Learning Unit, which comes with the software pre-installed,or you can install the PCAP software onto your own device.
Both options are available to all QMUL staff.
Publishing and Playing
Whether you choose to use Lecture Capture or Personal Capture (PCAP), you can release any of your recordings via QMplus, e-mail or by adding the links on a webpage. See our guide on publishing and playback.
Editing your Recording
You can make basic edits to your recording whether you have recorded a live event in a lecture theatre or pre-recorded some course material using the Personal Capture software. See our guide on Editing.
For some more useful information on Q-Review, please read our page on commonly asked questions on how Q-Review is used at QMUL (such as: Benefits of recording, Copyright and Intellectual Property Information).
Visit our Help and Support pages for more guidance or read our Q-Review Policy v3.6.