To be confirmed
On this page:
About the E-Learning Steering Group
This has senior representation from all three faculties, from key professional services departments and from the Students’ Union. The group meets termly with a remit to review the progress of and provide direction for existing e-learning initiatives, as well as to prioritise requests for future e-learning projects.
The group does not report to any boards. Requests for development projects go to the IT Strategy Implementation Board.
Download the E-Learning Steering Group Terms of Reference 20-21
Terms of Reference
The E-Learning Steering Group will meet four times per year.
- To review the activities of the E-Learning Unit.
- To provide leadership and direction for college-wide e-learning provision such as the online learning environment, the lecture-capture service and online exams.
- To approve, prioritise and reprioritise substantial requests for development to e-learning services, which can be taken forward with IT Services or bid for via the IT Strategy Board. Such requests must come through e-learning user groups or directly from the E-Learning Unit to ensure they have substantial support.
- To consider the deployment of new e-learning tools which may have a positive effect on the student experience, recruitment and retention, and student satisfaction.
- To monitor the impact of e-learning initiatives and receive evaluative data for and reports on e-learning provision and use.
- To provide strategic oversight of e-learning initiatives and identify opportunities for collaboration in this area.
- To support delivery of e-learning related elements of the Education Enabling Plan within QM’s Strategy 2030.
- To provide a communication channel between the E-Learning Unit and schools and institutes.
- Head of E-Learning (chair)
- Faculty representation: Deans for Taught Programmes
- Assistant Director Solutions Development, ITS
- Director of QM Academy
- Associate Principal of Online Learning
- Students Experience Relationship Manager
- Senior Learning Technologist, ELU
- Student Union Faculty Vice Presidents
- Chairs of E-Learning User Groups if not already in membership
- Secretary, ELU
Agendas and Minutes
30th Meeting – 29th July 2021 – cancelled
29th Meeting – 13th May 2021
28th Meeting – 11th February 2021
27th Meeting – 12th November 2020
26th Meeting – 23rd July 2020
26th Meeting – 7th May 2020 – Cancelled
This meeting was cancelled. The next meeting took place on 23rd July 2020