QMplus Upgrade 2023
The QMplus upgrade took place on Tuesday 29th August 2023. You will find more information on our QMplus Upgrade 2023 page.
In order to keep an up-to-date, secure system and to enhance functionality within the learning environment, we must regularly maintain and upgrade QMplus. Newer versions bring richer features, more reliability and a better user experience.
On this page you’ll find more information about how we manage these changes and communicate about them.
Our scheduled "At Risk" time
The changes we make during this time are generally relatively small and include things like:
- Applying security patches to keep the system stable and secure
- Updating existing plugins or installing new ones, including our own in-house developments
While the at risk period is 2 hours, we try to keep the amount of time QMplus is offline to a minimum.
We do not make changes to QMplus during the official QMUL exam periods. These dates are published in the university calendar on the QMUL website.
We publicise any disruption to QMplus in a number of ways:
- Messages on the IT Services Status page. All changes requiring downtimes must be communicated via this page.
- Status alerts on QMplus itself.
- Messages in our Learning Technologists Group Team on Microsoft Teams.
- Information on our website.
Our annual QMplus upgrade
The upgrade takes longer than a release and requires a longer downtime for QMplus. We cannot normally manage an upgrade within our usual 2 hour at risk period.
You can find out more about the upgrade in summer 2023 on our dedicated upgrade page.