Note: This guide is relevant until mid-August 2022. Guidance relevant to the new QMplus theme will then be available here
The ability to manage a number of users collectively and to control their enrolment is important. In schools for example, classes may need to be added to specific subject-related courses, or individuals in different roles need to be enrolled in appropriate courses. Whatever the reason, using cohorts allows this to be managed efficiently.
Cohorts are site-wide (or category) collections of users that can be enrolled in a course in a single action. There are 3 stages to this process;
This guide covers:
In order to create a cohort you will need editing access (teacher or course admin role)
Step 1: Creating a cohort
3. Click on the School which you have administrator access to.
5. Click the Add New cohort option.
Step 2: Adding users into a cohort
- From within the Cohorts page, click the Assign users icon in the Edit column for the cohort you wish to add users to.
2. Type in the name of the user in the search box found below the potential user list then click on the name of the user from the potential users list. Click on ‘Add‘ to add the user to the cohort. This will move users from the right panel (labelled “Potential users”) to the left (“Current users”).
Step 3: Enrolling a cohort into a module
1. From the module page, click on the gear icon to reveal the menu and select ‘More…’,
3. You can now choose cohort sync from the ‘add method’ drop down menu.
4. You will then be directed to enrol the cohort of your choice. Select the cohort from the drop down menu and click ‘add method’ at the bottom of the page.