The content creation tool allows the fast creation of course content from pre-defined activities such as book, assignment and quiz. The tools allows one to create activities/resources with fewer clicks and multiple instances of an activity/resource without having to repeat the steps.
Step 1: Adding the block
- Log in to QMplus and go to the module where you would like to use the Content Creation Tool.
- From the module page click on the pencil icon that appear on the top right of the page to turn editing on.
- From the navigation drawer on the left hand side, click on the plus icon that appear at the bottom of the list to reveal the Add a Block Menu and select Content Creation.
- Wait a few moments for the block to be added. You will automatically be returned to the module page.
Step 2: Adding the template
- From the list of templates, select one of the templates. In this example, we have selected the template ‘Assign: standard assignment’
- From the ‘Select a topic/section to install into‘ choose a topic you would like to add the template to. In this example, we have selected ‘Topic 2‘
- The template will then be added to the course page under the topic you have selected.
Step 3: Editing the activity
- Click on the corresponding Edit icon to reveal the drop down menu and select Edit settings to edit the activity.
- Now edit the assignment using the instructions provided in the description box.
- Once you have completed editing the activity settings, ensure to scroll down and save the changes. You may then begin to use the activity for your teaching.
Nb: You will be able to add multiple templates to one topic using this tool.